Monday, December 17, 2007

The Eudaemonia Year in Review


The lovely and talented Olufunke at iyan and egusi soup tagged me for this fun meme. The instructions are to simply show the first line of the first post of each month of the year. Eudaemonia debuted on April 10, 2007. I enjoyed reviewing these posts and I’ve enjoyed reviewing the year with blogging friends on other sites too.

April. I always believed we have some notion of who or what we're meant to be from the time we're eight or nine.

May. Painting is as lonely a business as writing can be, so Scott has developed friendships with other artists over the years and alternates his studio time with group outings to paint en plein air, visits to other artist’s studios and vice versa.

June. I was not much of a joiner as a kid.

July. Close to three months ago when I made the decision to write in a committed and purposeful way, more specifically, to write a novel, I found many great blogs about writing and I began reading them religiously.

August. In a workshop I recently attended, we did an exercise I wanted to share.

September. It's been a weird couple of days.

October. Evergreen, Colorado is a small town in the foothills, about forty five minutes west of where we live in Centennial.

November. Hola! Scott and I had one of the best vacations ever in Baja.

December. Organization is important to me, even when it’s only in my mind.

This was so fun, fast and easy that rather than specifically tag people, I’d like to suggest that everyone reading this go ahead and do it. You’ll like it and as Olufunke mentioned when she posted hers, it lets you take a look at where you’ve been.



12 comments:

olufunke grace bankole: said...

lisa,

thank you for sharing this. you know, as i read your first line for april, i thought, 'yes, how true. who we are meant to be.'

Anonymous said...

Love it. It's like a synopsis of your blog.

Judy Merrill Larsen said...

I can't believe you've just been doing this since April--your blog always seems so polished--just goes to show you were meant to write, huh?

virtual nexus said...

...Great idea; I'd have to do the first line of each week's post tho' as a variation....Yours is lovely, pity you can't expand on it in retrospect.

I'm currently doing a Gallery meme - pick out 'special' photo(s) from your collection and then add descrip, poem or whatever you fancy & say why they are meaningful as another 'quick' idea.

virtual nexus said...

Lisa, I've literally just done yours - that's how quick it is - am going to post it tomorrow.

Not quite as good over weeks, but it'll give the idea! Good meme.

Larramie said...

Not only does this show where you've been, Lisa, but where you're going -- which I hope is onward in your Dickens Challenge!

Yogamum said...

I love this one! I might do it myself when I get a chance!

Charles Gramlich said...

Cool. A year's worth of memories and goodies.

Carleen Brice said...

Really? Only since April?? When you do something, you do it right!

Sustenance Scout said...

Lisa, I SO agree with Carleen and Judy on your polished approach. What a great first few months for a blogging newbie! K.

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Ok I'm due to do this also! But I will change it up again, in my usual way of doing things differently!

Anonymous said...

What a nice post. I've only been blogging for a month, so I'll have to save this for next year. I just discovered your site via Yoga Gumbo and find it lovely and warm. I look forward to reading more.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Literary Quote

It is worth mentioning, for future reference, that the creative power which bubbles so pleasantly in beginning a new book quiets down after a time, and one goes on more steadily. Doubts creep in. Then one becomes resigned. Determination not to give in, and the sense of an impending shape keep one at it more than anything.


Virginia Woolf