I was just about to pack up my laptop and had the biggest surprise I've had since I started Eudaemonia. Kristen at From here to there and back has honored me with a Blogger Reflection Award. The award “should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy… of knowing them and being blessed by them.”
So, here are five blogs I am honored to share with you. Each of these incredible people has made me think and has touched me with their kindness, encouragement and generosity. Had I gotten this before Kristen did, she would be at the top of this list. Kristen and I connected some time ago and she is truly like an old friend I've never met. Her posts are honest and real and through our email exchanges, we've found we share many of the same hopes, dreams and frustrations. She is a true friend.
1. Larramie at Seize a Daisy has been an unfailing friend and has provided a bright spot with her posts that are always uplifting in a world that often isn't. She's taken the time to indulge my curiosities and to answer my emails and she has been incredibly encouraging to me with my new writing endeavor. She is truly a fairy godmother and seems to always have just the right thing to say.
2. The Writers Group has been a source of inspiration to so many of us with their wise, funny and poignant posts on the writing life and on their own lives. Amy in particular has been a friend to me and has given me the support and encouragement I've needed at times I've needed it most.
3. Shauna Roberts at Shauna Roberts' For Love of Words has rapidly become a good friend and an incredibly generous soul. Her posts always teach me something and make me think. We have exchanged a number of emails and she has been incredibly helpful to me in my research about both scientists and musicians. Shauna is both, and a writer too. She is incredibly smart, wise, talented and I'm honored and grateful to have connected with her.
4. Patry Francis at Simply Wait was the first blogger I connected with. Before I even started Eudaemonia, this warm and talented author of The Liar's Diary responded to my email about her book and took the time to share her experiences with me and encourage me to follow my heart. I would not have started Eudaemonia and discovered the wonderful friends I've made if it had not been for her.
I may be straying from the accepted rules of engagement on this, but even though Kristen has tagged the following two women, they belong on the list of people I need to honor.
5. Judy Merrill Larsen at Not Afraid of the "F" Word is the author the beautiful and heart wrenching novel, All the Numbers, who has shown nothing but kindness, thoughtfulness and support to me and to others who dream of publication one day. Last, by by no means least, Therese Fowler at Making it Up, and the author of Souvenir has shown incredible generosity of spirit in sharing her ongoing fairy tale come true and offering her valuable insights and advice. I appreciate and admire them both, more than I can say.
If you've been tagged:
1. Copy this post.
2. Reflect on five bloggers and write at least a paragraph about each one.
3. Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.
4. Go leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they’ve been given the award.
5. Put the award icon on your site.
I'll be gone for the rest of the week, but if you're curious about what I'll be doing, check out my previous post.